Varo – Vic. Van Rompuy nv takes data and privacy protection very seriously. Therefore, we will only process your personal data according to the Regulation of 27 april 2016, concerning the protection and privacy of natural persons and their data, as well as the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas (hereafter “GDPR”), and other relevant laws and regulations.
Who processes your personal data?
Responsible(s) for data processing:
VARO is responsible for the use of the website. The website is the property of:
Varo - Vic. Van Rompuy nv
Joseph Van Instraat 9
Business number: 0406.486.418
VARO is responsible for processing the data (“controller”) and decides alone or in cooperation with other parties the purpose and the means of processing your personal data. This always in the framework of the website’s user experience and its functionality.
VARO processes the personal data frequently with the help of third-party service providers, that have been given clear instructions to only process your personal data according to the GDPR and the instructions of VARO.
You can request a list of these third-party processors on demand.
Which information do we collect?
VARO commits itself to abide by the general legal principles concerning the processing of personal data. Varo will only process the absolute minimum of data necessary to reach the ends stipulated in this Privacy Statement.
Below you can find a list of categories of your personal data that might be collected when using the website:
- When contacting us through the contact form: identifiable personal data and any information you provide in your message;
- When calculating a route: identifiable personal data;
- When subscribing to the newsletter: identifiable personal data;
What do we use your personal data for?
VARO uses your personal data to ensure a safe, optimal and personalised use of our website. VARO processes your personal data to ensure all functionalities of our website work correctly and intuitively and to respond to your requests in a correct manner.
We process the data we collect about you when you are using the website solely for the following purposes:
- To allow you, as user, to contact VARO or to allow VARO to contact you, the user;
- To present and improve our website;
- To present personalised products and services, based on the collected data;
- To detect and prevent fraud, errors and/or criminal activity;
- To connect, diagnose and individualise your use of the website, if need be;
- To perform statistical analyses;
When using the application and connectivity functions on your device, additional data for statistical purposes will be collected. This data is necessary to further optimise the website.
The Users frequently supply VARO with their personal data themselves. Therefore, the User can control the data for accuracy. If certain data is supplied inaccurately or incompletely, Varo may decide to suspend certain functionalities of the website, until the data needed is supplied fully and correctly.
What are your rights?
Guarantee of compliance to the fundamentals inherent to the processing of personal data
VARO uses your personal data solely:
- For purposes listed in this document or in a manner that is consistent with the original purposes;
- In an appropriate, legal and transparent manner, where the processing happens based on (one of) these principles: consent, legitimate interest, execution of agreements or legal obligations;
- In a manner which is proportional to the stated purposes;
- In a correct manner;
- For the time necessary to reach the intended goal an that may be disclosed to you on request;
- In a manner that guarantees satisfactorily to prevent illicit access, illegal processing and/or unintentional loss or damage;
Right of access – right to rectification – right to erasure
Every person concerned, that can prove their identity adequately, has the right to receive a decisive answer from VARO about the processing of their respective personal data, and if need be, the right of access to this data.
You have the right to be informed about the purpose of why your data was processed, the categories of data that is processed, the receiver(s) of the data, the (criteria that determine the) period your personal data is stored for and your rights regarding the GDPR.
If you wish to exercise your right of access / to rectification / to erasure, VARO will comply with your request within one (1) month after the date on which your request was received. The request must be sent by registered mail or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data that is incomplete or inaccurate van be corrected or deleted at any time. Please not that it is up to the User to rectify inaccuracies or incomplete data through the use of the application. You can exercise your right to rectification by providing VARO with an additional statement. VARO will comply with your request within one (1) month after the date on which it was received.
Moreover, as User you have the right to have your personal data deleted by VARO without any unreasonable delay. You may only invoke this right in the following cases that will be judged by VARO:
- When your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- When you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- Where the processing is objected to and there are no overriding, justifiable grounds to continue the processing;
- Where personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- When your data must be deleted in accordance with legal obligations;
Right to restrict processing / right to object
As User, you have the right to demand VARO to restrict the processing of your data, if at least one of the following elements applies:
- You contest the accuracy of your personal data;
- The processing of your data by VARO proves to be unlawful, but you do not wish to have it deleted;
- VARO has no longer any need for your personal data for processing purposes, but you do still need your data to institute, exercise or substantiate a legal claim;
- VARO should assess the presence of the grounds for the erasure of personal data during this period.
Furthermore, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for reasons related to your specific situation. VARO will then cease to process your personal data, unless VARO can invoke compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data that outweigh your right to object.
Additionally, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processes if there are legal consequences involved or such a decision may impact you substantially.
Finally, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise your right to restrict processing / right to object, VARO will comply with your request within one (1) month after the date on which your request was received. The request must be sent by registered mail or by email to: email@example.com
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the personal data provided to VARO in a structured, common and machine-readable form if the processing is carried out on the basis of your consent. In addition, you have the right to transfer these personal data to another data controller if the processing of your personal data is based solely on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your right to data portability, VARO will comply with your request within one (1) month after the date on which your request was received. The request must be sent by registered mail or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to be forgotten
Whenever you have rightfully requested VARO to rectify, delete or process data to a restricted extent, VARO will inform each recipient of your personal data, unless this proves impossible or would require an unreasonable amount of effort. You may also ask for information about these recipients at any time.
Right to withdraw consent / right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness based on your consent prior to its withdrawal. Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority about Varo’s processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent, VARO will comply with your request within one (1) month after the date on which your request was received. The request must be sent by registered mail or by email to: email@example.com
Right to be informed / right to transparency
In exercising your rights, VARO will always act in accordance with the GDPR and thus provide all the information required in the GDPR in a concise, transparent, comprehensible and easily accessible form which you will receive in clear language.
The time limit for replying to your requests may be extended in exceptional circumstances, including the complexity/multiplicity of your request. To that end, VARO will inform you of the extension and the reasons for it within one (1) month of receiving your request.
While using the website, so-called "cookies" may be placed on your device in order to remember certain choices of returning users or to offer you certain functionalities. A cookie is a small text file that we store in your browser or on your computer's hard drive. In this way we can remember your preferences when using the website and further optimise our website.
Please read our cookie-policy for more information.